Skip to main content

What is this Blog About?




What I want to talk about is the content of this blog. My original intent is to convey some of the history of who I am and where I come from. I do this by providing some data that was originally written by my grandfather and the long conversations I had with my dearly departed father and mother regarding our family history.

The other topic I want to cover is the wonderful journey that I have traveled as an immigrant to the United States for fifty-five years. I am so interested in the cultural differences of my country of birth in contrast to the values and mores of the people of this country; it is a fascinating subject. What has encouraged me so much to excel, regardless of my economic condition, is the number of Americans who have mentored me and encouraged me to attain my goals. My gratitude to Bill Baker, my long- time friend and mentor.

I also include some information regarding DNA test results that might clarify some the information that I provide in this blog.


I hope you enjoy this blog


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early Conquest of Nueva Galicia

Grandpa Felipe N. Brambila was always on a quest; a quest to find his ancestors. He notes that he is quite puzzled at the early data he is able to collect. He knows that Hernan Cortez the Conquistador of the Americas landed in Cozumel island on February, 1519 (VAEH.edu.Mx). Felipe credits Sebastian de la Mota Padilla, attorney at law and historian with the data that he provides me in regard to the newly formed Nueva Galicia region and the involvement of the Brambila family in its implementation. He reports two soldiers who seem to be the earliest persons with the Brambila surname. They are captain Francisco de la Brambilla and alferez Diego de la Brambilla. Apparently, Don Francisco Cortez de la Buenaventura, who was the first Alcalde of Colima and a nephew of the Marquez del Valle was in charge of the conquest of this region of Mexico.

My Uncle Malaquias Fregoso

I have vague memories of Malaquias Fregoso. He was my baptism godfather. He would come to visit my family while we lived in Mexico City. My memory is that of a tall person, always dressed in three-piece suits and walking with the assistance of a cane, with a Doberman carved in the handle. He would bring me a bag a fruit, almost always my favorite, luscious plums. Shortly after my parents passed away, I found an old picture of Malaquias. It depicts a tall gentleman, with a young gal and a lady. Now, the dedication in the back of the picture reads: It is with love that I dedicate this picture of my parents to my dear aunt Maximiana (my paternal grandmother) as they celebrate their fortieth wedding anniversary. I assume the adult lady is Nicolasa Madrigal, Malaquias' wife. Signed by Eliza. My genealogical research indicates Eliza to be one of the Fregoso family. Eliza's siblings were Atanasia, Felipe, Jovita, Alfredo, and Roberto. As a side note, I met my cousin Atanasia when I wa...

Fregoso family

Fregoso Genealogy: The Fregoso dynasty fell in Genoa in 1492. This historical event is documented by my grandfather . It is what he calls the Universal Chronology. Some members of the Fregoso family, grandpa notes; were adventurers, soldiers and miners, who accompanied Christopher Columbus to the Western Indies. Some Fregoso family members established themselves in the city of Puebla; others chose communities around Etzatlan, Ameca, Soyotlan, Juchipila and Jalostotitlan. This information could be tied to certain events that occurred in the city of Genoa in the XV century. There was a series of doges, whose last name were Fregoso or a variant surname CampoFregoso, who ruled the famous kingdom. Grandpa notes that the Fregoso exodus from Genoa was the result of the fall of the dogeship and it coincided with the departure of Christopher Columbus trip to the West Indies in 1492. The Dogeship of Genoa was vacant from 1458 to 1461, as Pietro Fregoso ceded his post to France....